It was a week so jammed with friends, food, new places, and beautiful weather I wont even attempt a comprehensive post. A few observations.
- I think they may have sandblasted and renovated every building in Manhattan. Every neighborhood has been gentrified. Every park was beautifully groomed and maintained. We are talking about places you would not have gone into in a million years, like Alphabet City. Its just beautiful.
- I played hostess to my European friends who were touring NYC with gusto. I decided to take them up to the top of the Rock. Highly recommend it over the Empire State Building. Nicely done, we had no lines, one elevator up and an admirable try at a museum exhibit giving context for the experience. In hindsight, should of asked if anyone was claustrophobic in elevators or prone to extreme cases of vertigo especially in skyscrapers. One of the girls couldn’t breathe for the duration of the 60 something floor ride up to the top. The other girl checked out the spectacular views from the inside core of the building. Great host I am.
- Had beautiful fall weather, just perfect for walking around town.
- Had a session with a seer. I am always willing to give a psyche the benefit of the doubt. I want to believe there are people operating at that dimension or frequency. This lady just wasn’t one of them. Her insights were things that could be true of anyone and even anything: You have been hurt in the past, who hasn’t? You have a son, actually three. There are going to be changes in your future, An animatron gyspy at an arcade can tell you that. Weird enough, while she underwhelmed me, she freaked other friends with unexplainable knowledge of their lives.
- While in danger of appearing to be a full on freaky Yankee Fan, I have to say it was so cool being in NY when the Yankees won.
- I would love to live in NYC sometime (sin hijos)