Most who know me would describe me as relaxed, laidback, unflappable or in my husband’s opinion, sleep-walking. I am in reality, anal and neurotic about a few things. There needs to be the appearance of order, it doesn’t have to be real, but I want it to look nice and neat and have continuity. Its has been months since I have written and I cant pretend tons of stuff hasn’t happened but I also don’t want to get bogged down in a ponderous blog entry about lots of unrelated events, hence bullet points!
• I am still soaking up the beauty of a democrat being in the White House again, Yeah!!!
• Had a big birthday party for GM and two friends at new house… Was successful in that a lot of booze was consumed, several lambs and suckling pigs eaten and we were up until 7:00 AM. Although, GM I think is right when he says when you stay up that late, nothing really compelling is happening, you are just staying up for the sake of staying up.
• I went to Miami with Tonje to shop for Christmas and see Wilton buddies. Highlight was lots of refreshing Mojitos (my favorite maracuyu or passion fruit), low point was having my wallet stolen at the Adventura Mall and someone proceeding to have an appliance party on me at Best Buy and Sears. Worst part was organizing for a new driver’s license. Thank god I didn’t have my Passport on DNI in my wallet.
• Soon after returning from The States we went to Junin by bus for Thanksgiving week. Was very mellow, read lots books.
• Between Thanksgiving and last day of school before break, I was at school every single day attending either an essembly, an academic presentation, meeting with teachers, musical or fine arts performance or party featuring obscene amounts of sweets and soda pop…Often more that one event a day…at opposite ends of said day of course!
• Lots of Asados!!! There was a long weekend in December celebrating Immaculate Conception (if there ever was a reason…). This weekend featured no fewer than three long protein filled meals. By far the best being at Steffen and Tonje’s that started at 2:00 pm ended at 1:00 am and included meat of course, bourbon (for me), wine (for the other adults), a ton of food, cigars (I do enjoy one on occasion) and shots of Bols (don’t ask, its foul) in honor of Steffen’s b-day. Most importantly, the kids (there was over twenty) had a blast and despite a trampoline serving as a diving board into a small swimming pool, no one got hurt.
• We drove here (Junin) from BA which is 1600km or 1000 miles =/-. We did this in our Minivan Morrison, 2 adults, 4 kids, 2 dogs and a lot of crap. Spent night at friend’s campo in La Pampa. This stop was key in making it a rather pleasant adventure. Everyone was well behaved, save Gm when we hit traffic leaving BA.
• Had a great Christmas..Papa Noel apparently thought the kids were better behaved that I thought. They got quite a booty. Favorite present all around for the boys; Legos and Boogie Boards. Georgie; a hideous Bratz doll.
• Enjoyed nice visit from Barbara and family. They have sweet baby that makes me smile. Goodtime had by all, although we scared them away on New Year’s with goat asado. They don’t know what they missed. Yum. Yum.
That is pretty much it.